Cogmed Working Memory Training is an evidence-based program for helping children, adolescents, and adults sustainably improve attention by training their working memory.
The program is based on strong scientific research, is delivered under the supervision of a Cogmed Qualified Coach, and can be done either in the convenience of the client’s home or at a designated healthcare facility.
The complete program includes:
- Initial interview
- Start-up session
- Five weeks of training with weekly coach calls
- Wrap-up meeting
- Six month follow-up interview
- Access to the Cogmed Training Web
- Cogmed Extension Training (12 months)
There are three age-specific and easy-to-use program applications that your Cogmed Coach will use:
Cogmed JM – Pre-School
Younger children use their working memory for a number of things, such as focusing on and following instructions, and remaining seated to complete independent activities.
Cogmed RM – School Age
Working memory is crucial for children and adolescents in school and socially. Reading, solving math problems, planning, and following a conversation all rely on working memory.
Cogmed QM – Adult
Working memory in adult and professional life is critical for challenges such as planning, focusing, resisting distraction, and meeting deadlines.
- Provided by a national network of attention specialists, all qualified by Cogmed.
- Computer-based training, using a Mac or PC.
- Program adjusts complexity level for each exercise, in real time, for maximized training effect.
- 25 training sessions of 30-40 minutes each, done over 5 weeks.
- Supported by a Cogmed Coach who leads the training, tracks results, and gives support and motivation.
- User/family sets the training schedule with the Cogmed Coach, with plenty of flexibility.
- Cogmed Training Web gives all users online access to their own training results and progress status.
- Cogmed Extension Training allows the user to further sharpen the acquired capacity and to verify how the results hold over time.